Tuesday, May 4, 2010

condensation

Watching the condensation form on the outside of a cold cup on a hot summer day. The way the droplets form into a puddle on the table where it is sitting. then vanishes with the heat if there long enough. It brings me to the point of understanding that if I sit in the sun long enough, if enough time passes my heart will be warm once again.

What does it matter anyways if my heart is warm or not? who do I think I am to sit and sob over something I can not change? We are living in a day where materialistic things are in dominion over us all. It makes me sick.There are people all over the world hurting and if I can not see past my own issues to help them... well that would make me a pathetic person.

Part of me wishes that I had nothing, to where I would have to work all day just to survive. Where there are dirt red roads and no queen size beds, no beds at that! Where I would have to sleep in a hammock and cook each day over a fire.

The dream I am chasing is to have a camera, backpack, and granola bars. To travel to the unknown to find danger and adventure. Never will I allow fear to hold me back from that. Even if I take this adventure alone.

Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everyone, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat. Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment